Hi! I'm Amir Masoud Sefidian
Data Scientist, Researcher, Software Developer
Welcome. I started programming as a C programmer for microcontrollers when I was 14. After four years of programming for high school’s robotics team, I was motivated to pursue computer science field. I received my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Shahid Rajaee University (Tehran, Iran) in 2015. I straightly admitted to M.Sc. program as a talented student. I successfully completed my Master's degree in Computer Science in 2017 from Shahid Rajaee University where I worked on Machine Learning and Data Mining algorithms especially focused on data preprocessing and missing values imputation techniques. Currently, I am a researcher and Python developer in the fields of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Science.
2015-2017M.Sc. in Computer Engineering
- Shahid Rajaee University, Tehran, Iran
- GPA: 4.0/4.0 (Ranked 1 st in the class)
- Research Area:
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Data Preprocessing
2011-2015B.Sc. in Computer Engineering
- Shahid Rajaee University, Tehran, Iran
- GPA: 3.96/4.00 (Ranked 1 st in the class)
- Being exempted from M.Sc. program entrance exam as an Exceptional Talented Student
2007-2011High School Diploma in Mathematics & Physics
- Kosaran High School, Tehran, Iran
- GPA: 19.75/20 (Ranked 1 st in the class)
- Sefidian, Amir Masoud, and Daneshpour, Negin (2019). "Missing value imputation using a novel grey based fuzzy c-means, mutual information based feature selection, and regression model". Expert Systems with Applications, 115, 68-94.
- Sefidian, Amir Masoud, and Daneshpour, Negin (2018). "Applying regression models on subsets with high correlations for a better numeric missing values imputation". Tabriz Journal of Electrical Engineering, 48(3), 1187-1200.
- Sefidian, Amir Masoud, and Daneshpour, Negin (2017). "Using clustering and a hybrid method to fill the numeric missing values". Iranian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), 15(3), 233-242.
- Sefidian, Amir Masoud, and Daneshpour, Negin (2019). "Estimating missing data using novel correlation maximization based methods". Submitted to Applied Soft Computing Journal.
Skill & Experience
Machine Learning and Data Science Stacks:
scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, scipy, matplotlib, seaborn.
Also familiar with Tensorflow and Keras frameworks.
- SQL Server
Other Tools & Technologies
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Microserivces & MVC Architectures
- Subversion Control Tools: Git and SVN
- PHP based Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Linux & Windows
- LATEX typesetting language
- AVR microcontrollers
- Raspberry Pi
- 2019, Developing data analysis and machine learning services in order to analyze organizational time series data based on microservices architecture using Python, gRPC, Protobuff, and Docker.
- 2016, Designing and developing a novel missing data imputation framework using Self-Organizing Map (SOM) neural networks and Weighted K Nearest Neighbors technique using Python.
- 2016, Designing and implementing different semantic web layers for a transport application using XML, XQuery, XSD, XSLT, and Web Ontology Language (OWL).
- 2015, Designing and implementing a simple word segmentation algorithm for Persian text images using morphological operations in Matlab.
- 2014, Developing first carpooling website in Iran (4paaye.ir) (Winner website of 8 th Iranian Web and Mobile Festival (IWMF)).
- 2013, PHP back-End developer of Mehreab Magazine website.
- Researcher, Computer Science R&D Laboratory, Faculty of Computer Engineering, Shahid Rajaee University.
- Reviewer, International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems (IJUFKS).
- Private Tutor, Teaching Python, Machine Learning, and Data Mining.
- Teaching Assistant , ”Data Mining”, Faculty of Computer Engineering, Shahid Rajaee University, Instructor: Dr. N. Daneshpour.
- Teaching Assistant , ”Decision Support Systems”, Faculty of Computer Engineering, Shahid Rajaee University, Instructor: Dr. N. Daneshpour.
- Teaching Assistant , ”Database”, Faculty of Computer Engineering, Shahid Rajaee University, Instructor: Dr. N. Daneshpour.