A good LinkedIn profile checklistApril 26, 2020
Kalman Filter Simply ExplainedMay 2, 2020
1. Getting to Know You
- What motivates you at work?
- Describe what your preferred supervisor—employee relationship looks like.
- What two or three things are most important to you in your work?
2. Knowledge & Interests
- What do you think are the most pressing issues in this field?
- What challenges does this position present for you?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in this organization?
- What do you know about our company?
3. Readiness & Experience
- What is your greatest strength/weakness?
- Tell me about a problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it?
- Tell me about a mistake you made and what you learned from it.
- What experience do you have in this field? How have you prepared yourself to switch fields?
4. Goals, Motivation & Values
- Why do you think you will like this field?
- Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.
- Give me an example of a time you were able to be creative with your work. What was exciting or difficult about it?
- Tell me about a time you were dissatisfied in your work. What could have been done to make it better?
- Describe a time when you worked closely with someone who had a very different personality than you.
- Tell me about a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle the conflict?
- Describe a time when you struggled to build a relationship with someone important.
- Tell me about a time you needed to get information from someone who wasn’t very responsive. What did you do?
6. Ability to Adapt
- Tell me about a time you were under a lot of pressure. What was the situation and how did you get through it?
- Describe a time when your team or company was undergoing change. How did it impact you, and how did you adapt?
- Tell me about your very first job. What did you do to learn the ropes?
- Tell me about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?
7. Time Management Skills
- Tell me about a long-term project that you managed. How did you keep organized and make sure everything was moving along as planned?
- Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself. How did you ensure that you would meet your objective?
- Give me an example of a time you managed multiple responsibilities. How did you handle it?
8. Communication Skills
- Tell me about a time you successfully persuaded someone to understand your perspective at work.
- Describe a time when you were the primary “expert”. How did you ensure that everyone understood you?
- Describe a time when you could only use written communication to get your ideas across to your team.